PT Walsin Nickel power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
PT Walsin Nickel power station is a proposed 350-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in the Morowali Industrial Area, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia.
The satellite photograph below shows the Morowali Industrial Area near the village of Labota, Morowali Regency, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Background on Project
In January 2020, Taiwanese company Walsin Lihwa announced plans to construct a ferronickel smelter at the Morowali Industrial Area. The company planned to have the smelter operational by the third quarter of 2021. The plant will be operated by a subsidiary, PT Walsin Nickel Industrial Indonesia. In February 2021, Walsin Lihwa announced that its planned to construct a 350 MW coal-fired power station, which would provide electricity to the ferroncikel smelter.
- Sponsor: PT Walsin Nickel Industrial Indonesia
- Parent company: Walsin Lihwa
- Location: Morowali Industrial Area, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -2.838039039087333, 122.17217432837971 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 350 MW
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Taiwan’s Walsin Lihwa to set nickel pig iron plant in Indonesia, Jianglin Stainless Steel, Jan. 17, 2021
- PLTU Kapasitas 350 MW di Bangun Dikawasan Industri Nikel PT. IMIP Morowali, Sulteng Metro, Feb. 21, 2021