Pachwara (South) coal mine
The Pachwara (South) coal mine is a proposed mine, operated by Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NCL) India Limited, with a capacity of 11 million tonnes per year, located in the Rajmahal coalfields of Jharkhanda, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of mine in the Rajmahal coalfields of Jharkhanda, India.
The proposed mine is owned and operated by the Neyveli Lignite Corporation.
- Sponsor: Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NCL) India Limited
- Parent company:
- Location: Rajmahal coalfields of Jharkhanda, India.
- GPS coordinates: 24.47474, 87.476437 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 9-11 MTPA
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 262.84 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Subbituminous
- Mine Size: 7.15 km2
- Mine Type: Surface
- Mine Depth: 350 m (maximum seam)
- Start Year: 2020
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and resources
- NCL India, Corporate Plan, accessed March 25, 2020
- Pachwara South Coal Mine Project Environmental Clearance, accessed November 2020