Pocerady Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Pocerady power station, in Ustecky Region, Czech Republic, has 1,847 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity (1,000 MW coal-fired and 847 MW gas-fired).
The plant is located near Pocerady in Most, Ústecký.
The initial installed power output of the plant was 6 x 200 MW. Units 1 and 2 were commissioned in 1970, Units 3 and 4 in 1971, and Units 5-6 in 1977. Unit 1 was decommissioned in 1994.
Ownership was set to be transferred from CEZ Group to Sev.en Energy for CZK 2 billion in 2024. However, in October 2020, the parties reached an agreement to transfer ownership of the coal plant to Sev.en Energy by December 31, 2020, instead of in 2024 as initially planned. The accelerated timeline was expected to allow the company to speed up the process of modernizing and upgrading the plant to meet all emission standards by 2021.
- Sponsor, Coal: Sev.en Energy
- Parent company, Coal: Sev.en Energy
- Sponsor, Gas (likely): CEZ Group
- Parent company, Gas (likely): CEZ a. s.
- Location: Pocerady, Ustecky Region, Czech Republic
- Coordinates: 50.4267, 13.6747 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 1,847 MW
- Pocerady-1 power station Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 200 MW (start-up in 1970)
- Pocerady-1 power station Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 200 MW (start-up in 1971)
- Pocerady-1 power station Unit 4: Coal-fired subcritical, 200 MW (start-up in 1971)
- Pocerady-2 power station Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 200 MW (start-up in 1977)
- Pocerady-2 power station Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 200 MW (start-up in 1977)
- Unit 2: Gas-fired combined cycle with CHP, 847 MW (start-up in 2014)
Articles and resources
- CEZ Group, "The Pocerady Power Station", CEZ Group website, accessed October 2012.
- "ČEZ didn´t use the option". CEZ Group. January 2, 2020.
- "Dentons advises Sev.en Energy on its acquisition of the Počerady power plant from ČEZ", Dentons, October 23, 2020.
- "Power and Heating Generation", Sev.en Energy, accessed July 2021.
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1019168 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 315700Q4RMQ97J737965 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1019205 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 27W-GU-EPC2B21-L accessed November 2019
- Elektr%C3%A1rna Po%C4%8Derady Wikipedia, accessed December 2019
- Počerady CCGT Plant - Do Business - ÅF
Related GEM.wiki articles
Europe and coal
- Austria and coal
- Belgium and coal
- Bulgaria and coal
- France and coal
- Germany and coal
- Greece and coal
- Hungary and coal
- Italy and coal
- Norway and coal
- Poland and coal
- Slovakia and coal
- United Kingdom and coal