|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
In mid-2009 Podium Energy describes itself as "a facilitator engaged in the roll out of emerging energy technologies globally."
On its website it states that "Podium Energy understands the business culture of Asian markets; it knows how to get to the right people, to get a decision, and to achieve rewarding outcomes for its clients. Podium Energy people have high levels of experience negotiating contracts in South East Asia, with particular connections in India, China and Vietnam. Podium Energy can assist to accelerate your understanding of your target market, sort the wheat from the chaff of your prospects, help you secure government assistance in the target market and find the right partners for your business.'
Promoting brown coal
Podium Energy appears to have only one client, the Victorian brown coal promoter Environmental Clean Technologies (ECT). In a media release announcing an agreement with a Vietnamese investment company, ECT stated that the deal was "a successful outcome from our partnership program with Podium Energy, who provided the initial introduction and facilitated negotiations." In June 2009 Podium Energy were listed as the sixth largest shareholder in ECT with 1.78% stake in the company.
Another ECT media release stated that the June 2009 "Coordination Agreement" between ECT and Tincom "has been brokered with assistance from Podium Energy" and specifically mentioned "Podium Director Doug Townsend".
A media release the following day featured on the Markstone Group website touts Podium Energy as an "up-coming international brokering powerhouse". The media release quoted Doug Townsend as stating that "Podium Energy has successfully brokered this deal for a major client by having on the ground local knowledge of Vietnam through our partner Albert Huynh and by keeping open, transparent lines of communication between ECT and TinCom over a number of months".
The media release also stated:
- "Mr Huynh, who worked with Podium Energy to ensure TinCom was also getting a good deal, said the collaboration between all parties ensured its success. "It is important for companies to have local knowledge in the industries as well as the countries where they are seeking investment," he said. "This includes knowledge of their government, industry landscape and general exposure to how to do business. Podium Energy recognises this and together we will continue our involvement with this client for the duration of the different stages that now must be worked through until construction is completed."
54 Walsh Street,
West Melbourne Vic 3003
Phone: 61 3 9329 2777
fax: 61 3 9329 0022
Articles and resources
- Podium Energy, "About Us", Podium Energy website, accessed June 2010.
- Environmental Clean Technologies, "ECT signs its biggest deal", Media Release, February 27, 2009.
- Environmental Clean Technologies, "Top 40 Shareholders as at 30 June 2009", June 6, 2009.
- Environmental Clean Technologies, "Agreement gives go ahead to staged construction of Coldry plant for 100M tonnes", Media Release, June 22, 2009.
- Podium Energy, "Podium Energy in coal tech space", Media Release, June 23, 2009.