|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of United Kingdom and coal.|
Premier Oil is an oil and gas exploration company.
Teeside coal project
Premier Oil is a part of Teeside Low Carbon, a consortium which also includes GDF SUEZ, Premier Oil and Progressive Energy. The company states that "in the UK, this includes the development of the Catcher and Solan fields as well as the potential exploitation of CO2 storage for enhanced oil recovery."
Teeside Low Carbon have proposed to build a 450 megawatt Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle plant with pre-combustion capture on a brownfield site on Teesside. The consortium has stated that it expects that it will "make an investment decision in 2014, subject to appropriate planning and other regulatory approvals." At the end of October 2012 the Department of Energy and Climate Change announced that the project had been short-listed as one of four bidders "for the next phase of the UK’s £1bn Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) competition."
Accessed November 2013: 
- Robin Allan - Director, Business Units
- Tony Durrant - Finance Director
- Neil Hawkings - Operations Director
- Simon Lockett - Chief Executive Officer
- Andrew Lodge - Exploration Director
- Joe Darby
- Jane Hinkley
- David Lindsell
- Michel Romieu
- Mike Welton - Chairman
Articles and Resources
- Teeside Low Carbon, "The consortium", Teeside Low Carbon website, accessed October 2012.
- Progressive Energy, "Welcome", Progressive Energy website, accessed October 2012.
- Department of Energy and Climate Change, "Short list for UK’s £1bn CCS competition announced", Media Release, October 30, 2012.
- Premier Oil Board, organizational web page, accessed November 29, 2013.