Prokopyevsky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Prokopyevsky Coal Mine is an operating surface coal mine in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Prokopyevsk, in Prokopyevsk Urban District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Prokopyevsky coal mine is an underground coal mine. It is operated by Prokopyevsky Coal Mining JSC, a subsidiary of MelTEK, which is owned by billionaire Konstantin Strukov. It was sold by Siberian Business Union to MelTEK in December 2018.
- Owner: Prokopyevsky Coal Mining JSC
- Parent Company: MelTEK
- Location: Prokopyevsk Urban District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.940730, 86.633377 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 1.7 MT (2017)
- Total Reserves:
- Recoverable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1953
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Разрез «Прокопьевский», Wikimapia, accessed May 2021.
- MelTEK "website", accessed May 2021.
- Sergei Titov, Миллиардер Струков купил угольный разрез в Кузбассе за $130 млн, Forbes Russia, 26 Dec. 2018.