RAM Mine is a proposed metallurgical coal mine in Pennsylvania, United States.
The map below shows the retired Mathies mine in Washington County, Pennsylvania. The RAM Mine would be opened at the site.
The RAM mine is a proposed coal mine at the site of the old Mathies Mine, which opened in 1944 and closed in 2002. The Mathies Mine was bought by Massey Energy in 2010 and Massey, in turn, was acquired by Alpha Natural Resources in 2011. Alpha Natural Resources went bankrupt in 2015, and the mine was acquired by Ramaco Resources.
According to Ramaco Resources, the Ram Mine "consists of approximately 1,567 acres of controlled mineral, and is scheduled for initial production in 2021. The RAM Mine coal reserve is not yet permitted, although we have applied for a permit and it is in the final phase of the permit application process. We expect this permit to be issued in 2019. Upon commencement of mining, we anticipate that the mine will produce at an annualized rate of between 300 and 500 thousand tons with an estimated 10-year mining life."
The mine has 6 million tonnes of recoverable reserves (2 proven, 4 probable), according to Ramaco Resources.
- Owner: Ramaco Resources
- Mine Status: Proposed
- Start year: 2021
- Current Capacity (MTPA): 500,000 Tonnes per annum
- Recoverable Reserves (MT): 6 million tonnes
- Proposed Capacity (MTPA):
- Location: Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Coordinates: 40.22, -79.9800033569 (exact)
- Coal Type: Metallurgical
- Mining Method:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- Clifford Krauss (August 3, 2015). "Alpha Natural Resources, a Onetime Coal Giant, Files for Bankruptcy Protection". The New York Times. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- "Brook Mine Overview: Sheridan (Northern Powder River Basin), Wyoming," Ramaco Resources, November 2014
- "Ram Mine," Ramaco Resources, accessed August 2019
- "FORM 10-K Annual Report," Ramaco Resources, Mar. 19, 2019