Red River Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Red River Oil Pipeline is an oil pipeline in the United States.
The pipeline runs from Cushing, Oklahoma, to Longview, Texas.
- Operator: Plains All American Pipeline, Valero Energy Partners
- Current capacity: 150,000 barrels per day
- Proposed capacity:
- Length: 563 kilometers (350 miles)
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2017
On January 18, 2017, Plains All American (PAA) Pipeline completed the sale of an undivided 40% interest in a segment of the Red River Pipeline to a subsidiary of Valero Energy Partners LP for approximately US$70 million. The interest represents 60,000 barrels per day on the Hewitt segment of the pipeline, extending from Cushing, Oklahoma to Hewitt, Oklahoma near Valero's refinery in Ardmore, Oklahoma. PAA retained an undivided 60% interest in the Hewitt Segment and a 100% interest in the remaining portion of the pipeline that extends from Ardmore to Longview, Texas, where it connects with various pipelines, including PAA's newly constructed Caddo Oil Pipeline that extends to refinery markets in Northern Louisiana.
Pipeline Expansion Project
According to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), the project will expand the existing Red River Pipeline capacity from 150,000 to 235,000 barrels per day through additional pumping capacity. It will increase the transportation capacity in both Texas and Oklahoma. The targeted in-service date is sometime in the second half of 2020. It is a joint venture between Plains All American and Delek Logistics Partners.
The expansion entered operations in the third quarter of 2020.
Pipeline Expansion Project Details
- Owner: Plains All American and Delek Logistics Partners
- Capacity: 85,000 barrels per day
- Length: 0.0 new miles of pipe
- Diameter: 16-inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2020
Articles and resources
- Red River Oil Pipeline, A Barrel Full, accessed September 2017
- "Valero Energy Partners Acquires Stake in the Red River Pipeline," Pipeline & Gas Journal, January 20, 2017
- Petroleum & Other Liquids, Movements, Energy Information Administration, June 4, 2020
- Petroleum & Other Liquids, Movements, Energy Information Administration, December 10, 2020