Liberty Republic Steel Canton plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Liberty Republic Steel Canton plant is an electric steel plant in Canton, Ohio, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Canton, Ohio, United States.
Liberty Republic Steel Canton was originally established as Berger Manufacturing Co. in 1886.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Liberty Steel
- Owner: Republic Steel
- Alternative plant names: Republic Engineered Products (predecessor), Berger Manufacturing Co. (predecessor)
- Location: 3707 Georgetown St. N.E., Canton, Ohio 44704-2625, United States
- GPS Coordinates:40.804114, -81.334002 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1886 (age 134–135)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1092 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: hot-rolled bars, hot-rolled coils, cold finished bars, ingots, rod, wire
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (1952 (idled as of Jan. 2020) and 1995)
Articles and resources