Riga Coal Terminal
The Riga Coal Terminal is at Riga Free Port in Riga, Latvia.
Riga Port is also the site of the Strek Terminal, which handles coal.
The terminal is located along the River Daugava, which drains into the Gulf of Riga, an arm of the Baltic Sea.
On September 19, 2014, a memorandum of strategic cooperation was signed between Riga Coal Terminal and China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) to increase cargo turnover in Riga port by 2018. The amount of expansion is not specified.
- Operator: Riga Commercial Port LLC, MIR TRADE AG
- Location: Riga, Latvia
- Annual Coal Capacity (tonnes): 10 million
- Proposed Coal Capacity (tonnes): TBD
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports (to US and western Europe)
- Source of Coal: Russia
- "Riga Coal Terminal establishes strategic cooperation with China Harbour Engineering Company realization of investment project in Freeport Authority of Riga (Krievu Island)," Riga Commercial Port, 22.09.2014
- "Company profile," Riga Coal Terminal, accessed Dec 2015
- "Riga Container Terminal," Riga Container Terminal LLC, 2013.05.23