Rijnmond power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Rijnmond power station is an 810-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Zuid-Holland Province, Netherlands.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Vondelingenplaat, Zuid-Holland Province, Netherlands.
Rijnmond is located adjacent to Maasstroom power station. Intergen, the original project sponsor, operated the plant from 2004 until their bankruptcy in 2015. The plant was mothballed for two years.GSO Capital Partners bought the site and brought it back online in 2017.
- Sponsor: GSO Capital Partners
- Parent company: Blackstone Group LP
- Location: Vondelingenplaat, Zuid-Holland Province, Netherlands
- Coordinates: 51.89018, 4.35469
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 810 MW
- Gas-fired combined-cycle with CHP, 810 MW (start-up in 2004)
Articles and Resources
- Bankruptcy Rijnmond Energie CV, Faillissements Dossier, accessed Apr 8, 2021
- Mammoth Dutch power station up for sale, Infrastructure Investor, Sep 1, 2015
- Dutch Gas-Fired Power Profitability will Not Last, ICIS, Aug 23, 2017
- Blackstone Does What RWE Can't Do by Reviving Dutch Plant, Bloomberg, Jul 6, 2017
- Mothballed Rijnmond power plant acquired by GSO, Power Engineering, Apr 22, 2016
- Credit, The Blackstone Group, accessed Apr 8, 2021
- Rijnmond Energie, Google Maps, accessed Apr 8, 2021