Rudong LNG Terminal (Jiangsu Guoxin)
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Rudong LNG Terminal (Jiangsu Guoxin) (国信如东LNG储运调峰站) is a proposed LNG terminal in Jiangsu, China.
- Sponsor: Jiangsu Guoxin LNG Co., Ltd. 江苏省国信液化天然气有限公司
- Owner: Jiangsu Guoxin Investment Group Limited 江苏省国信集团有限公司 95%; Jiangsu Yangkou Port Co., Ltd.江苏如东洋口港股份有限公司 5%.
- Parent: Jiangsu Guoxin Investment Group Limited 江苏省国信集团有限公司
- Location: Rudong, Nantong, Jiangsu, China
- Coordinates: 32.526845, 121.412712 (exact)
- Proposed Capacity: 2.95 mtpa
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2023
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Jiangsu Guoxin is developing an LNG terminal with 2.95 mtpa of receiving capacity in Rudong, Nantong, Jiangsu Province. The proposed LNG terminal located in the same artificial island offshore of the Rudong Port in Nantong as the Jiangsu LNG Terminal and proposed Rudong LNG Terminal.
The terminal will include three 200,000 cubic meters of LNG storage tanks. The estimated investment is 5.2 billion yuan ($793.5 million).
The second phase is planned to add another 200,000 cubic meters storage tank with additional investment of 2.1 billion yuan and is expected to begin construction in November 2021.