Rungta Kamanda power station
Rungta Kamanda power station is a proposed 56-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Odisha, India
The undated satellite photo below shows the Kamanda steel plant, the proposed location for the plant.
Rungta Mines of India is seeking approval for a 56 MW captive coal plant to fuel a proposed expansion of its integrated steel plant in Kamanda village, Odisha. An EIA for both the expansion and coal plant was submitted in August 2017.
As of January 2020 there have been no further developments, and the project appears to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Rungta Mines
- Parent company: Rungta Group
- Location: Kamanda village, Bonai Taluk, Sundargarh district, Odisha
- Coordinates: 21.9295252, 85.2213923 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Start date:
- Capacity: 56 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- EIA, Rungta Group, Aug 2017
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Tata Power
- Tata Ultra Mega
- India and nuclear power
- U.S.- India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Initiative
- Global use and production of coal