SAIL Bhilai steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bhilai steel plant (BSP) is an integrated steel plant in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India.
SAIL has Maharatna CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprise) status by the Government of India under the Ministry of Steel.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Steel)
- Parent company: Government of India
- Owner: SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- Location: Bhilai Steel Plant, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh 490021, India
- GPS Coordinates: 21.185157, 81.394207 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: semis, rails, wire rods, plates
- Steel sector end users: railway, construction, shipbuilding, automotive, energy, oil & gas
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 11 coke oven batteries (8 batteries of 65 ovens, 3 batteries of 67 ovens); 6 blast furnaces (BF) (1 1033m3 BF, 3 1719m3 BF, 1 2355m3 BF, 1 4060m3 BF); 3 110/130-tonne basic oxygen furnaces (BOF), 4 250-tonne twin hearth furnaces (THF); 2 sinter plants
- Power source: Bhilai Steel power station
- Iron ore source: Captive mine at Dalli-Rajhara Iron Ore Complex, 80 kms from Bhilai.
Articles and resources
- About Bhilai steel plant, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Steel Authority of India Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Annual Report 2018-2019, Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 2019
- Facilities, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Products, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Bhilai Steel Plant under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.