SAIL Rourkela steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Rourkela steel plant (RSP) is an integrated steel plant in Rourkela, Odisha, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Rourkela, Odisha, India.
SAIL has Maharatna CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprise) status by the Government of India under the Ministry of Steel.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Steel)
- Parent company: Government of India
- Owner: SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
- Alternative plant names: RSP
- Location: Rourkela Steel Plant Area, Rourkela, Odisha 769011, India
- GPS Coordinates: 22.210804, 84.868950 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: pipes, plates, sheets, coils
- Steel sector end users: railway, shipbuilding, construction, white goods, automotive, oil & gas
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 6 coke oven batteries; 3 sinter plants; 5 blast furnaces (BF); 3 150-tonne basic oxygen furnace (BOF), additional BOF (# unknown)
- Power source: Captive power plant #1 (1959, updated 1978), Rourkela Works-2 power station
Articles and resources
- About Rourkela steel plant, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Steel Authority of India Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Annual Report 2018-2019, Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 2019
- Facilities, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Products, SAIL, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Rourkela Steel Plant under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.