SDIC Wangjiazhai power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
SDIC Wangjiazhai power station (国投盘江汪家寨煤矸石电厂) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The map below shows Wangjiazhai Town, the approximate location where the power station would be built at Liupanshui Prefecture.
Background on Project
In February 2009, SDIC and Panjiang Investment Holdings co-founded SDIC Panjiang Electricity Generation Co, with 55% owned by SDIC and 45% by Panjiang Investment Holding. The goal of the company is to develop waste coal power plants in Panjiang and Shuicheng, the two mining areas in Liupanshui Prefecture.
In 2010, Guizhou Provincial DRC approved for SDIC Power Holdings to start preliminary work on a 2400MW of coal capacity in Panjiang and Shuicheng mining areas, including the 4 x 300 MW Panbei power station, the 2 x 300 MW Pan'nan power station, and the 2 x 300 MW SDIC Wangjiazhai power station.
In 2017, Wangjiazhai power station was still seeking permitting.
With no developments in over four years, the project appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: SDIC Panjiang Electricity Generation Co
- Parent company: SDIC and Panjiang Investment Holdings
- Location: Wangjiazhai Town, Zhongshan District, Liupanshui Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.693488, 104.803087(approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "转型引领新跨越—贵州盘江投资控股（集团）有限公司发展纪实"《 中国能源报 》, 2012-02-20
- "国投盘江发电有限公司人员招聘启事," BJX Jobs, 2009-03-11
- "国投华靖公司贵州煤矸石发电项目前期工作取得重要进展," SDIC, 2010-1-28
- "国投盘江发电有限公司设备管理部热聘公告," BJX Jobs, 2017-06-02
- "国投盘江发电有限公司," SDIC website, accessed July 2015
- [六盘水市煤矸石电厂进展情况,"] Liupanshui Development and Reform Commission, 2012-07-27