SEPCOIII (simplified Chinese: 山东电力建设第三工程公司), also known as SEPCO3, Sepco3, Shandong Electric Power Construction Corporation III or SEPCO III, is a Chinese construction and engineering company that designs, builds, operates and owns power plants. The company was founded in 1985. SEPCOIII should not be confused with SEPCO or SEPCO2, which are also Chinese construction and engineering companies.
The company website describe it as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Construction Corporation of China. It is involved in a broad range of power plants, including thermal, nuclear, gas, hydro, wind, biomass, photovoltaic, and sea water desalination. The company has installed a total of 66,700 MW of capacity.
International Coal Projects
On its website, the company lists the following major coal-fired power plants:
- Jharsuguda CPP power station - 9 x 135 MW - 2011
- Mundra Adani Thermal Power Project - phase III 2 x 660 MW supercritical coal plant - 2011
- Mundra Adani Thermal Power Project - phase IV 3 x 660 MW supercrtical coal plant - 2013
- Mahatma Gandhi power station (also known as Jhajjarh) - 2 x 660 supercritical coal plant - Haryana - 2012
- Cuddalore Ultra Mega Power Project - shelved
- Jerada power station 350 MW - Jerada, Morocco - permitted
- Port Qasim EPC power station - 2 x 660 MW supercritical coal plant - Qasim, Pakistan - under construction (Unit 1)
- Chittagong power station (S Alam) - 2 x 660 MW supercritical coal palnt - Bangladesh - announced
Articles and resources
- SEPCOIII Shandong Electric Power Construction Corp. LinkedIn profile, accessed April 2016
- "SEPCOIII," company website, accessed April 2016
- "Major Projects and Awards," SEPCOIII website, accessed April 2016