SeAH Besteel Gunsan steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
SeAH Besteel Gunsan is an electric steel plant in Gunsan-si, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Gunsan-si, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea.
Steel from SeAH Besteel Gunsan is finished at Changnyeong Plant (635-940 100, Daehapsaneopdanji-ro, Daehap-myeon, Changnyeong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea).
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: SeAH Group (SeAH Holdings 58.94%, SeAH Steel Corp 6.03%, Other 35.03%)
- Owner: SeAH Besteel
- Alternative plant names: Gunsan special steel plant, Kia Special Steel Co. Ltd (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: 세아베스틸군산공장 (Korean)
- Location: 573-711, 522, Oehang-ro, Gunsan-si, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 35.968596, 126.609524 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1997 (age 23–24)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3150
- Steel products: special steel, heavy forged steel, auto parts
- Steel sector end users: automotive
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 4 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (1 150-tonne EAF (2010), 3 100-tonne EAF)
Articles and resources