Servola power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Servola power station is a 120-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the province of Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Trieste, the province of Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy.
The Servola power station is located at Finarvedi Trieste Steel Plant. Originally 45 MW and owned by Elettra Produzione S.r.l., when Arvedi Group began considering leasing the steel mill they showed great interest in the thermal power plant. In 2014 a subsidiary of Arvedi Group acquired the steel mill. In 2015 the Arvedi Group was negotiating to purchase the adjacent power plant.
A British company was also in negotiations to buy the plant for parts. It's unclear if the turbine was sold for parts, but the plant did not produce power from 2016-2021 and is assumed retired. In 2021 a new gas unit is being built by Arvedi Group at the Servola site.
- Sponsor: Arvedi Group
- Parent company: Finarvedi S.p.a.
- Location: Trieste, the province of Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Coordinates: 45.6195, 13.7829 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 120 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 45 MW
Articles and Resources
- Italian Steelmaker Arvedi confirms interest in Ferriera di Servola, Steel Orbis, Jul 23, 2013
- Inside Metals, Refinitiv, Jul 22, 2013
- Arvedi Subsidiary acquires Lucchini plant in trieste, Steel Orbis, Oct 7, 2014
- Trieste, Elettra at risk of sale and dismantling, Il Piccolo, Aug 28, 2015
- Ansaldo Energia to supply combined-cycle plant to Italian steel company, Power Engineering International, Jan 26, 2021
- The parent company Finarvedi, Arvedi, accessed Apr 7, 2021
- Open Power System Data December 2018
- Ansaldo Energia supplying gas turbine for 120-MW Italian CCGT facility, Power Engineering, Jan 25, 2021
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_26WUUUUSERVOLA2X European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91
- FRESNA (FIAS Renewable Energy Systems & Network Analysis) version 4.1 (July 2019)