Shenhua Guoneng Dananhu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Guoneng Dananhu Power Plant (神华国能哈密煤电公司大南湖电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The photo shows the existing units in Hami (Kumul) City, Hami Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
SGCC cooperated with China Guodian to build this power plant. Later, in 2012, the SGCC's energy production assets were transferred to China Shenhua Group, and the plant's name became Shenhua Guoneng Dananhu Power Plant. The two existing coal-fired units, totaling 600 MW, were brought online in 2011.
Description of Expansion
In 2012, WRI reported that SGCC was planning to build additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of as much as 2,000 MW. However, plans at this location were cancelled, and were transformed into the proposed 2,640 MW Shenhua Guoneng Hami power station.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guoneng Energy Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Huayuan Xiang, Hami (Kumul) City, Hami Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 42.7403385, 93.4456623 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1&2: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2011
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "新疆哈密大南湖煤电基地项目会战纪实", 国家电网公司, 2010-09-10
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- Shenhua Group project status summary, November 12, 2013
- "新疆哈密大南湖煤电基地项目会战纪实," State Grid Corporation of China, 2010-09-10
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017