Siam Yamato Steel II plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Siam Yamato Steel II (เหล็กสยามยามาโตะ (Thai)) is an electric steel plant in Huay Pong Sub-District, Muang District, Rayong, Thailand.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Huay Pong Sub-District, Muang District, Rayong, Thailand.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Yamato Kogyo Co., Ltd., Mitsui & Co., Ltd., Siam Cement Group Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Corporation (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Mitsui & Co. (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Siam Yamato Steel
- Alternative plant names: SYS II
- Other language plant name: เหล็กสยามยามาโตะ (Thai)
- Location: 9/9 Soi G-5, Pakorn Songkronraj Road, WHA Eastern Induustrial Estate (Maptaphut), Huay Pong Sub-District, Muang District, Rayong 21150, Thailand
- GPS Coordinates: 12.706642, 101.111703 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1992 (age 28–29) (date of establishment)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: H-beam, I-beam, channel, angle, cut beam, sheet pile
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Contact Information, SYS Steel, Retrieved on: Sep. 8, 2020
- Background, SYS Steel, Retrieved on: Sep. 8, 2020
- Hemaraj Seals Second Land Deal with Siam Yamato Steel (SYS) New distribution center to be built on 77-rai plot of land at Hemaraj ESIE 2, WHA Industrial Development, Sep. 19, 2017, Retrieved on: Sep. 8, 2020
- Manufacturing Process, SYS Steel, Retrieved on: Sep. 8, 2020