Siarmal coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Siarmal coal mine is proposed mine, to be operated by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 50 million tonnes per annum, in the Ib Valley coalfield in Odisha state, India.
The map below shows the exact location of the Siarmal coal mine among the Ib Valley coal mines in Odisha state, India.
Background on Mine
In 2019-2020, company announced Notice Inviting Tender
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Bandhabal, Jharsuguda district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 22.043469, 83.733619 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 50 million tonnes per annum 
- Mineable Reserves: 1547.82 million tonnes
- In service: TBD
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
- Mine Size: 22.9 km2
- Mine Depth: 200 m
- Number of Workers: 2995
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited,Bioprofile of Projects, accessed March 16, 2020
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- CIL Identifies 15 New Mining Projects to Operate through MDO Mode, Outlook, June 18, 2020
- Environmental Impact Statement Siarmal
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.11.