Stave Hollow Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Stave Hollow Mine is a proposed U.S. surface coal mine in Walker County, Alabama, owned by Signal Resources LLC.
The below map shows the approximate location of the Stave Hollow mine site in Walker County, Alabama.
The proposed permit area is located in the Warrior Coal Basin. In this area, the lithology is predominantly shale. The target seams at this site include the New Castle, Mary Lee, and Blue Creek coal seams.
On November 6, 2019, the Alabama Surface Mining Commission (ASMC) approved Signal Resources' surface mining permit application.
- Parent Company: Signal Resources LLC
- Location: Walker County, Alabama, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 33.8425037, -87.4226014 (approximate)
- Status Proposed
- Production Capacity:
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Size: 75 acres
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- Surface Mining Permit Application Part I Alabama Surface Mining Commission, accessed November 2019.
- Permit to Engage in Surface Coal Mining Operations Alabama Surface Mining Commission, Nov. 6, 2019.