SteelAsia Concepcion plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
SteelAsia Concepcion is a proposed steel plant in Concepcion, Tarlac, Philippines.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed steel plant in Concepcion, Tarlac, Philippines.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Philippine Government)
- Parent company: SteelAsia
- Owner: SteelAsia Manufacturing Co.
- Location: Concepcion, Tarlac, Philippines
- GPS Coordinates: 15.325307, 120.655361 (approximate)
- Plant status: proposed
- Start year: 2021 (anticipated)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1200 (EAF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billet, section, wire rod
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnace (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity 2020, OECD, 2020
- Company History, SteelAsia, Retrieved on: Dec. 11, 2020
- Steel Asia investing P25-B for 3 integrated steel mills, Kris Crismundo, Goverment of Philippines, Mar. 13, 2018, Retrieved on: Dec. 11, 2020