Stratum Metals is a Sydney headquartered mining exploration company with interests in gold, copper, nickel projects to the north and north-west of Kalgoorlie and a coal exploration project west of Broome in the Canning Basin in the Kimberley region.
On its website Stratum states that "the Canning Basin Coal Project (Stratum Metals) comprises two granted Tenements February 2012 and 3 tenement applications in an emerging coal province in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. The tenements cover prospective rocks in the Lightjack Formation which is known to host coal deposits currently being evaluated by Rey Resources Limited."
In a March 2012 investor presentation Stratum touted the Canning Basin as being "9 days closer to India by ship than the Galilee Basin".
In the presentation Stratum lists its exploration titles as E0402125, E0402124, E0402160, E0401993 and E0402161. The company stated that its "coal interests are held in an 80/20 joint venture with State Resources. Stratum plan to spend $250,000 on exploration in fulfilment of its obligations to obtain a 60% interest in this tenement and, subject to positive results, an additional $750,000 on exploration in the second year to obtain an 80% interest. The Heritage Protection Agreement was finalised between Stratum, State Resources and the Kimberley Land Council on behalf of the Nyikina Mangala group. With the Heritage Protection Agreement finalised, Stratum is able to progress with exploration of prospective thermal coal projects. An extensive desktop study is underway."
In their quarterly report released at the end of October 2012, Stratum stated that:
- "Work during the quarter was limited to acquisition of additional tenure within the project area, with subsidiary company Stratum Coal Pty Ltd applying for tenement E04/2231 ... Prior to granting the application will be open for public objection and negotiation of an access and heritage protection agreement is likely to be required. Successful granting of the tenement Stratum will gain an additional ~25 km of prospective strike to target exploration for near surface thermal coal."
Board of Directors
As of November 2012, the board of directors of Stratum Metals are:
- Richard Anthon, Non-Executive Chairman
- Martin Holland, Managing Director
- Michael Addison, Non-Executive Director
- Kent Hunter, Non-Executive Director
- Elizabeth Hunt, Company Secretary
- Todd Axford, Exploration Manager
7/151 Macquarie Street,
Sydney NSW Australia 2000
Ph +61 2 9276 1245
Fax +61 2 9276 1284
Email: info AT stratummetals.com.au Website: http://www.stratummetals.com.au/
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary", Stratum Metal website, accessed September 2012.
- Stratum Metals, "Investor Presentation", March 8, 2012.
- Stratum Metals, "Investor Presentation", March 8, 2012, page 15.
- Stratum Metals, "Quarterly Activities Report", Stratum Metals, October 31, 2012, page 7.
- Stratum Metals, "Canning Basin Coal Project Tenement Holding Expanded", Media Release, October 17, 2012.
- Stratum Metals, "Board of Directors", Stratum Metals website, accessed November 2012.