|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Strike Resources is a small Australian Stock Exchnage listed mineral exploration company with interests in two potential iron ore mines in Peru and a small proposed coal mine in Indonesia.
The Berau Thermal Coal Project is a small proposed coal mine located in 40 kilometres south-west of Tanjungredeb in East Kalimantan, Indonesia. Strike Resources states on its website that it "holds 100% of the rights to mine a coal concession (IUP), subject to paying a royalty to the IUP owner." The company states that it is aiming to establish "a mine producing up to 3Mt [million tonnes] of thermal coal per year."
However, in its quarterly report for the period to June 30, 2011, Strike Resources states that it "is in dispute with the concession owner and dispute resolution proceedings are likely." The company stated that in the quarter the company "continued negotiations to restructure the Berau Project co-operation agreement to address issues raised by Indonesia’s 2009 Mining Law. As previously announced, the position adopted by the Company’s partner has raised uncertainty about whether negotiations will succeed and dispute resolution proceedings are now likely."
Level 8, The Forrest Centre
221 St Georges Terrace
Perth Western Australia 6000
Telephone: +61 8 9324 7100
Facsimile: +61 8 9324 7199
Email: info AT strikeresources.com.au
Articles and Resources
- Strike Resources, "Company Overview", Strike Resources website, accessed Ausgust 2011.
- Strike Resources, "Berau Thermal Coal Project", Strike Resources website, accessed August 2011.
- Strike Resources, "Quarterly Report – June 2011 For the 3 months to 30 June 2011", August 2011.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Australia and coal
- Indonesia's Coal: local impacts - global links
- Indonesia's geothermal potential
- Indonesia and nuclear power
- Indonesian Coal Mining Association
- Celukan Bawang power station
- China Huadian Corporation
- Global use and production of coal