TMK Taganrog Metallurgical Plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
TMK Taganrog Metallurgical Plant (Таганрогский металлургический завод), also known as Taganrog Iron & Steel Factory; Tagmet; Taganrog Metallurgical Works, is a 950 TTPA electric arc furnace (EAF) steel plant operating in Taganrog, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Taganrog, Russia.
The plant was built in 1896. Originally, the plant included blast-furnace and open-hearth production, and a rolling mill section. After the Russian revolution, the plant was nationalized and transferred to the control of the "Yugostal" trust, which planned to close the enterprise. However, this did not happen, and by the mid-30s of the last century, the TMZ was reconstructed: a new open-hearth production and Mannesmann pilger mills for producing hot-rolled pipes started operating here. In the post-Soviet period, the plant passed into private hands, and since 2002 the plant has been part of the TMK group (Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya PAO). Since 2013, the open-hearth production has not been operating, and instead of it, a new electric steelmaking shop with continuous casting of steel has been operating.
- Alternative plant names: Taganrog Iron & Steel Factory; Tagmet; Taganrog Metallurgical Works
- Other language plant name: Таганрогский металлургический завод (Russian); ТМК-ТАГМЕТ (Russian)
- Location: ul. Zavodskaya 1, Taganrog, Rostov Region, Russia, 347928
- GPS Coordinates: 47.241557, 38.928584 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1896 (age 125–126)
- Parent company: Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya PAO
- Parent company PermID: 
- Owner: Taganrogskiy Metallurgicheskiy Zavod PAO
- Owner company PermID: 
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 950 (EAF)
- 2020 Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 596.7 (EAF)
- Steel product category: semi-finished; finished rolled
- Steel products: billet; pipe
- Steel sector end users: building and infrastructure; energy; tools and machinery
- Workforce size: 6000
- ISO14001: certified in 2006, recertified in 2021
- ISO50001: certified in 2013, recertified in 2021
- Main production equipment: EAF
- Detailed production equipment: EAF
Articles and resources
- "Производственные Мощности (Production Capacity)". Tagmet.tmk-group.ru. Retrieved Jan 31, 2022.
- "Таганрогский металлургический завод". Metallobazy.ru. Jun 17, 2020. Retrieved Apr 6, 2022.
- "Таганрогский металлургический завод". Wikipedia. Retrieved Apr 6, 2022.
- "Contacts". Tagmet.tmk-group.ru. Retrieved Jan 31, 2022.
- About Taganrog Metallurgical Plant, TMK, Retrieved on: Jun. 19, 2020
- "2020 Annual Report" (PDF). Tagmet.tmk-group.ru. Retrieved Jan 31, 2022.
- "Personnel (HR)". Tagmet.tmk-group.ru. Retrieved Jan 31, 2022.
- "Tagmet Certificates". Tagmet.tmk-group.ru. Retrieved Jan 31, 2022.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Таганрогский металлургический завод under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.