Simhapuri Thamminapatnam power station
Thamminapatnam power station is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The photo below shows the first four units of the plant.
The project is being developed by Simhapuri Energy Private Limited (SEPL) in three phases. Phase I comprises 2 units of 150 MW; Phase II comprises two units of 150 MW each; and Phase II comprises two supercritical units of 660 MW each.
Financing for Phase II
Sponsor: Simhapuri Energy Private Limited (SEPL)
Parent: Madhucon Infra Limited and N.S. Associates
Location: Thamminapatnam village, Chillakur taluk, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh
Coordinates: 14.2045759, 80.0866359 (exact)
- Phase I Unit 1 - operating (2012) (150 MW)
- Phase I Unit 2 - operating (2012) (150 MW)
- Phase II Unit 3 - operating (2014) (150 MW)
- Phase II Unit 4 - operating (2015) (150 MW)
- Phase III Unit 5 - cancelled (660 MW)
- Phase III Unit 6 - cancelled (660 MW)
Nameplate capacity: Phase I: 2 x 150 MW; Phase II 2 x 150 MW; Phase III 2 x 660 MW
Type: Phase I and II: Subcritical; Phase III: Supercritical
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing: US$259.89 million in debt from 13-bank consortium led by the State Bank of India
Permits and applications:
- Phases I and II: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, July 3, 2008
- Phase III: Terms of reference, India MoEF, May 13, 2011; New terms of reference, India MoEF, Sep 16, 2014
Articles and resources
- Simhapuri Energy Private Limited, company website, accessed January 2012
- "About us," Simhapuri Energy Private Limited website, accessed August 2014.
- ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY (MW) OF POWER UTILITIES INCLUDING ALLOCATED SHARES IN JOINT AND CENTRAL SECTOR UTILITIES, Central Electricity Authority, March 31, 2012
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, February 2014
- "Phase-II (2 X 150 MW)," Simhapuri Energy Private Limited website, accessed August 2014.
- "Phase-II (2 X 150 MW)," Simhapuri Energy Private Limited website, accessed March 2015.
- Terms of reference, India MoEF, May 13, 2011
- New terms of reference, India MoEF, Sep 16, 2014
- "Preview of Simhapuri Energy Phase II | Transaction | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-10-29.
- "FC for Indian 300MW power plant | News | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-10-29.
Related GEM.wiki articles