Tokyo Steel Kyushu plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Tokyo Steel Kyushu is an electric steel plant in Fukuoka, Japan.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Fukuoka, Japan.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Tokyo Steel Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Tokyo Steel Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Alternative plant names: Daimaru Steel Co. Ltd. (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: 東京製鐵 九州工場 (Japanese)
- Location: 3-5-1, Minami Futajima, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka 808-0109, Japan
- GPS Coordinates: 33.881431, 130.755978 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1969 (age 51–52)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1200 (EAF, estimated)
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: H-beams, sheets, heavy plates
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (2 50-tonne EAF (built Nov 1971), 130-tonne EAF)
Articles and resources