University of Richmond Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
The University of Richmond in Virginia has a steam plant that uses 22% coal, 76% natural gas, and 2% fuel oil.
- "University of Richmond Campus Survey 2010" College Sustainability Report Card, accessed January 2010
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment