University of Wisconsin-Superior Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
The University of Wisconsin-Superior has a heating plant that generates steam heat using either natural gas or coal as fuel depending on availability, time of year, temperature, and other concerns.
- "Halbert Heating Plant" The University of Wisconsin- Superior Website, accessed January 2010
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment