V. V. Vakhrushev Coal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The V. V. Vakhrushev Coal Mine is an underground coal mine in Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine.
According to the Institute for War and Peace Reporting, most Donbas region mines were seized by Russians and pro-Russian rebels in late 2014 and many have endured electricity shortages and flooding ever since. The current output of the Donbas mines, including this one, is no longer transparent, and many are likely non-operational and on hiatus.
The map below shows the [approximate] location of the mine, near Yasenivskyi, in Antratsyt Raion, Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine. The mine is located within the rebel-controlled territory of the so-called Luhansk People's Republic.
The V. V. Vakhrushev coal mine is an underground coal mine. It is operated by Rovenky Anthracite, a subsidiary of JSC Vneshtorgservis, a shadowy holding company created by the Luhansk People's Republic rebel government.
- Owner: Rovenky Anthracite
- Parent Company: JSC Vneshtorgservis
- Location: Yasenivskyi, Antratsyt Raion, Luhansk Oblast, Ukraine
- GPS Coordinates: 48.1586361, 39.1848963 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 MT/year
- Total Reserves:
- Recoverable Reserves: 32.4 million tonnes (2018) 
- Coal type:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1954
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Yulia Abibok, Ukraine’s Coal Industry in Crisis, Institute for War and Peace Reporting, January 22, 2021
- Шахта им. В. В. Вахрушева, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Шахта імені В. В. Вахрушева, Wikipedia (Ukrainian), accessed Mar. 2021.
- Ровенькиантрацит, MiningWiki, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Ilya Barabanov & Ekaterina Eremenko, «Партнер у нас один — Российская Федерация», Kommersant, 6 May 2017.
- Luhansk People's Republic Website, "The head of the republic went down to the face of the Vakhrushev mine, located in the village of Yasinovsky, Rovenki.", Accessed May 2021