Vizag Steel Plant power station
Vizag Steel Plant power station is a 315-megawatt (MW) captive coal plant in Andhra Pradesh, India. The power plant also has 120 MW of gas-fired capacity. It fuels the Vizag steel plant.
The map below shows the power plant at the site of the Vizag steel plant in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The power plant has three Turbo Generators of 60 MW each (180 MW total) capacity and two Turbo generators of 67.5 each (135MW total) for a total captive coal-fired power generation capacity of 315 MW. The units were commissioned from 1989 to 2009. In 2015, RINL added 120 MW of gas-fired capacity, fueled by blast furnace gas and coke oven gas. The plant fuels the Vizag steel plant, which has a production capacity of 7.3 million tonnes per annum.
- Parent company: Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd. (RINL)
- Location: Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam 530031, Andhra Pradesh, India
- GPS Coordinates: 17.612846, 83.191918 (exact)
- Plant status: Operating
- Nameplate capacity: 315 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 1989-2009
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "RINL builds “120 MW Pollution free Captive Power Plant," RINL, 31.03.2015
- Infrastructure, Vizag Steel, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Vizag Steel, Vizag Steel, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
- Brief Profile of RINL, Vizag Steel, Retrieved on: May 19, 2020
Related GEM.wiki articles