Whigville Mine is a coal mine in Ohio, United States.
The map below shows the mine in Noble County, Ohio.
Whigville is a surface coal mine in Whigville, Noble County, Ohio, mined by B&N Coal. B&N usually focuses on re-mining former active coal mining sites. Production began on the most recent coal seam in 2017.
Production was reported to be 175,000 tons in 2017.
- Owner: B&N Coal
- Parent: B&N Coal
- Mine Status: Operating
- Start year: 2017
- Current Capacity (MTPA): 175,000 tonnes per annum
- Recoverable Reserves (MT): million tonnes
- Proposed Capacity (MTPA):
- Location: Whigville, Noble County, Ohio
- Coordinates: 39.824534, -81.380741 (exact)
- Coal Type: Thermal
- Mining Method: Surface
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- "Mining at B&N Coal's new Ohio mine expected to start this summer," S&P Global, March 27, 2017
- "2017 Report on Ohio Mineral Industries," Ohio Geological Survey, 2017