Workman Creek Surface coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Workman Creek Coal Mine is a surface mine in Raleigh, West Virginia, United States.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Republic Energy LLC operates the mine, which is owned by Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. 
- Operator: Republic Energy LLC 
- Owner: Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. 
- Location: Raleigh, West Virginia, United States
- Coordinates: 37.89469806, -81.37808222 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 1.687 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) (2020)
- Total Reserves: 116 million tonnes* 
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous (Met)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 2013
- Source of Financing:
* Combined proven and probable reserves for Pax, Republic, and Workman Creek mines.
Articles and resources
- United States Department of Labour, "Mine Data Retrieval System: Workman Creek Surface", Mine Data Retrieval System website, Accessed April 2021
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, "Form 8-k", SEC website, Accessed April 2021