Xinji No.1 Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Xinji No.1 Coal Mine was officially put into operation in July 1993. The original design production capacity was 0.9 million tons per year. In August 1995, it was expanded into a large mine with a production capacity of 3.0 million tons per year.  In August 2014, Xinji No.1 Coal Mine was listed as a "National Pilot Unit for Green Mines" by the Ministry of Land and Resources of China.The approved production capacity in 2020 is 1.8 million tons per year.
At 19:16 on May 11, 2018, a worker of the Xinji No.1 Mine was buried by waste rock and died.
- Operator: China Coal Xinji Energy Co., Ltd. Xinji No.1 Coal Mine
- Owner: China National Coal Group Corporation
- Location: Xinji Town, Fengtai County, Huainan City, Anhui Province
- GPS Coordinates: 32.699902, 116.536394
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.8 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 444.074 million tonnes 
- Mineable Reserves: 85.554 million tonnes 
- Coal Type: Gas coal, 1/3coking coal (Met)
- Mine Size: 24.5k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1993