Xiwan Surface Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xiwan Surface Mine (陕西神延煤炭有限责任公司西湾露天煤矿) located in Shaanxi Province, is a proposed coal mine with an annual production capacity of 10 million tonnes(Mt). It is managed by Shaan Xi Shenyan Coal Co.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Dabaodang Town, Shenmu, Shaanxi
Coal Mine Background
In December 2008, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) has ratified the construction of Xiwan Surface Mine with production capacity of 10 Mt per year.
In January 2019, Xiwan Mine has received the safety production permit issued by Shaanxi Coal Mine Safety Supervision Bureau.
Information on its experimental operation or official operation is unknown.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Shenyan Coal Co.
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group (51%), Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum and Mining Co.(49%）
- Location: Dabaodang Town, Shenmu, Shaanxi
- GPS Coordinates: 38.6047,110.064
- Status: Proposed
- Annual Production Capacity: 10 Mt/year
- Total Resources: 633.037Mt
- Minable Reserves: 626.706Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Size: 76.5583k㎡ 
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: