Xixia Wanxi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xixia Wanxi power station (国电西峡发电公司) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Henan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Xixia County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Nanyang Prefecture, Henan Province.
Background on Project
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Henan. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Plant cancelled
In December 2017 plans for the plant were cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Henan Power
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Xixia County, Nanyang Prefecture, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 33.186373,111.69394 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "米树华听取西峡一期2 ×660MW 工程项目前期进展", 火力发电网, 2013-4-12
- "南阳国家保护区为建电厂申请面积“缩水”引争议", 网易新闻, 2006-09-18
- "杨浩深入我县调研宛西电厂项目", 西峡信息港
- "河南国电河南电力有限公司2015招聘,"] 2015-05-13
- "河南西峡恐龙蛋自然保护区：变更规划为发展让路," 中国经营网, 2017-12-16
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017