Yacizi Iron and Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Yacizi Iron and Steel plant (YAZICI DEMİR ÇELİK SAN. ve TURİZM TİC.A.Ş. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Sariseki-Iskenderun, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Sariseki-Iskenderun, Turkey.
Yacizi Iron and Steel plant was established in 1949 as a rolling mill, but the steel making plant did not begin until 1994.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Diler Holding S.A.
- Owner: Yazici Demir Çelik San. ve Turizm Tic. S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Yacizi Demir Celik
- Other language plant name: YAZICI DEMİR ÇELİK SAN. ve TURİZM TİC.A.Ş. (Turkish)
- Location: Organized Industrial Zone No. 61, 31218 Sariseki-Iskenderun, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 36.685932, 36.206275 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1994 (age 26–27)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1000 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 967 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billets, round bars, deformed bars
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (78 MVA AAB DC)
- Power source: Atlas Enerji İskenderun power station
Articles and resources
- Contact, Diler Holding, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- YAZICI DEMİR ÇELİK SAN. ve TURİZM TİC.A.Ş., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- YAZICI DEMİR-ÇELİK SAN.VE TURİZM TİC.A.Ş., Diler Holding, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.
- Atlas Energy (Turkish), Diler Holding, Retrieved on: Jul. 27, 2020