Yeni Çeltek Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Yeni Çeltek coal mine is an underground mine in Suluova, Amasya, Turkey. It is operated by Gürmin Enerji Madencilik A.Ş and owned by Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji.
The map below shows the approximate location of the mine.
Production at the Yeni Çeltek Coal Mine started in 1955 when a state-owned company, Yeni Çeltek Kömür ve Madencilik A.Ş. (Yeni Çeltek Coal and Mining Company), started operating the mine to supply the energy demand of the Türkiye Şeker Fabrikaları (Turkish Sugar Factories Company), also a state-enterprise. In 2013, the operating rights of the Yeni Çeltek Coal Mine was acquired by Soma Holding's Gürmin Enerji Madencilik AŞ (Gürmin Energy Mining Co). In 2018, Yeni Çeltek Kömür ve Madencilik A.Ş. changed its name to Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji (Yeni Anadolu Mining and Technology).
Between 1955 and 2010 the mine produced 84 thousand tons a year on average. The Yeni Çeltek Coal Mine has 10.3 million tons in reserves, divided as 2.7 million tons proven reserves, 7.5 million tons probable reserves. The mine also has 12.9 million tons in potential reserves according to General Directorate of Mineral Research & Exploration categorization. The mine employs 250 workers on average.
- Operator: Gürmin Enerji Madencilik A.Ş
- Operator's Parent Company: Soma Holding
- Owner: Yeni Anadolu Madencilik ve Teknoloji
- GPS coordinates: 40.876386, 35.621120 (Approximate)
- Mine status: Operating
- Production: 0.08 million tons per year
- Total reserves: 10,286,000 tons
- Proven reserves: 2,736,000 tons
- Probable reserves: 7,550,000 tons
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Underground
- Start year: 1955
- Number of employees: 250
Articles and resources
- "Tarihçe". Yeni Anadolu. Retrieved July 6, 2021.
- "301 İşçinin Öldüğü Madenin Sahibi Yeni Tesis Açtı Çalışanların Primini Ödemiyor". Haberler. September 12, 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2021.
- "Ortaklarımız". Yeni Anadolu. Retrieved July 6, 2021.
- Mehmet Hakan, Ertürk; Demirci, Ahmet (March 2015). "YENİÇELTEK KÖMÜR İŞLETMESİ OPTİMUM PANO BOYUTLARININ TANIMLANMASI". Madencilik. 54 (1): 3–11. Retrieved July 6, 2021.
- "Sahalarımız". Yeni Anadolu. Retrieved July 6, 2021.