Yeniköy Lignite Mines (Kemerköy)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Yeniköy Lignite Mines are a network of six underground and opencast mines, operated by Yeniköy Kemerköy Electricity Generation and Trade Inc, a subsidiary of IC İçtaş Enerji - Limak Enerji. 
Two mines in the network, Çarkıralan Belentepe, and Hüsamlar, form the Kemerköy cluster. Together, they produce 4.5 million tons for the Kemerköy power station. For the Yeniköy cluster formed by the remaining 4 mines that feed the Yeniköy power station, see Yenikoy coal mines (Yeniköy).
The map below shows the exact location of the network in the Muğla province, Turkey.
In 2014, Limak and IC İçtaş Enerji jointly established the Yeniköy Kemerköy Elektrik Üretim (Yeniköy Kemerköy Electricity Generation and Trade Inc) and won a privatization tender for the Yeniköy coalfield. Within the same tender Yeniköy Kemerköy Electricity Generation and Trade Inc also received the operating rights for Yeniköy power station and the Kemerköy power station. The Yeniköy Coalfield is divided into 4 basins; Sek Köy, Hüsamlar, İkiz Köy, and Alatepe. There are a total of 6 mines in the field; Karacahisar, Akbelen, İkizköy, Sekköy, Çarkıralan Belentepe, and Hüsamlar. Sekköy, İkizköy, Akbelen and Karacahisar produce 3.5 million tons per year and supply the Yeniköy plant, whereas Çarkıralan Belentepe, and Hüsamlar mines produce 4.5 million tons per year and supply the Kemerköy plant. All of the mines combined produce 8 million tons in total. The total reserves for all of the mines are 231 million tons, and is divided among the mines as follows;
|Mine Name||Reserve Size (in million tons)|
|TOTAL OF MINES||231.7|
- Owner: Yeniköy Kemerköy Electricity Generation and Trade Inc
- Parent company: IC İçtaş Enerji - Limak Enerji
- Location: Muğla province, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 37.163465, 27.889172 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 2014
- Mineable reserves: 184.3 million tons
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type: opencast and underground
- Production: 4.5 million metric tons per year
Articles and resources
- Philip M. Mobbs, "2010 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, April 2012, page 56.7
- "Yeniköy Kemerköy Termik Santralleri". Limak Enerji. 2015. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- "Yeniköy Linyit Maden İşletmesi". Yeniköy-Kemerköy. 2021. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- "Yeniköy Lignite Mining Enterprise". 2021. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- About us, Yeniköy-Kemerköy, accessed February 2020