Yulin Hengshan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yulin Hengshan power station (榆林能源横山电厂) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Boluo Town.
Later the location and sponsor changed, and the power station became its own separate plant, the Yulin Hengshan power station, sponsored by Shaanxi Yulin Energy Group.
The Yulin Hengshan power station was permitted in April 2016. Construction began in 2016, with a planned operation date of 2018.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station. However, this power station did not seem to be affected. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Yulin Energy Group
- Location: Boluo Town, Hengshan County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.03372, 109.415067 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Start date: 2018 (Unit 2), 2019 (Unit 1)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "陕西华电榆横煤电有限责任公司简介", 陕西华电榆横煤电有限责任公司网
- "陕西谋求煤电装机容量倍增," 中国能源报, 2014年04月07日
- "陕西华电榆横煤电有限责任公司陕西华电榆横发电厂#2斗轮机大修招标," China Huadian, 2017年07月19
- "热电板块," Shaanxi Yulin Energy Group, accessed Jan 2017
- "陕西首台百万千瓦机组正式投产发电," China5e, 2018-12-13
- "创两项世界第一！横山煤电2×1000MW燃煤发电工程1号机组通过168试运," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/10/31
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017