Zmiivska power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Ukraine and coal.|
Zmiivska power station is a 2,425-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Komsomolske, Zmiiv.
Background on Plant
Zmiivska power station is a ten-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 2,425 MW. The plant was completed between 1960 and 1969, and is owned by Energy Company of Ukraine. Units 1-6 are 200 MW each, and units 7-10 are 300 MW each.
In 2005 the reconstruction of unit 8 at Zmiivska was completed. The reconstruction project was implemented and financed by a consortium of western companies and banks, mainly German, and headed by the company Siemens. As a result of the rehabilitation the installed capacity of the unit increased to 325 MW.
- Sponsor: Centrenergo
- Parent company: Energy Company of Ukraine
- Location: Komsomolske, Zmiiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Coordinates: 49.586013, 36.523875 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,425 MW (Units 1-6: 200 MW each, units 7-10: 300 to 325 MW each)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1960-1969
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Zmiivska TPP," Centrenergo, accessed April 2016