Ara Coal Mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the Cluster No. 1 coal mines.
- Operator: Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Owner: Coal India
- Location: Mugma and Nirsha, Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.800890, 86.696883 (Approximate)
- Status: Operating (Non-producing in 2020).
- Production: 0 million tonnes (2020)
- Coal type: Subbituminous (Thermal)
- Mining method: Surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd., Final Environmental Impact Assessment & Environmental Management Plan Cluster No. 1 for EC Amendment, August 2013.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests, & Climate Change, Cluster No. 1 Environmental Clearance Letter, January 16, 2015.
- Praduman Choubey,Nirsa smoked out in coal mine fire - Spewing poison, Telegraph India, July 24, 2014
- Chapter II: Problem of Illegal Mining and Theft of Coal, Indian Environmental Portal, accessed March 4, 2020.