Armutçuk coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
The Armutçuk coal mine is an underground mine, operated by Armutçuk, T.İ.M. (Armutçuk Taşkömürü Isletme Müessesesi), a subsidiary of TTK, with a capacity of 0.4 million tonnes per annum, in Kilimli, Zonguldak, Turkey.The mine is located in the Zonguldak coalfield alongside four other mines operated by TTK subsidiaries, Amasra, Kozlu, Üzülmez and Karadon.:37,41
The map below shows the exact location of the Armutçuk mine in Kandilli, Zonguldak, Turkey.
Mining in Armutçuk began in 1983, when Armutçuk Taşkömürü İşletme Müessesesi was established as a subsidiary of TTK. In 2018, there were plants to privatize five mines including Armutçuk. However, as of 2020, Armutçuk is still operated by TTK's Armutçuk T.İ.M..
In 2020, the mine produced 140 thousand tons of raw coal, and 86 thousand tons of saleable coal. The same year it was reported that the mine had 2 million tons ready reserves, 0.9 million tons proven reserves, 11 million tons probable reserves, and 5.9 million tons possible reserves according TTK's categorization. Thus, the mine had 2.9 million tons in proven reserves (ready and proven) and 16.9 million tons in probable reserves (probable and possible). In 2020, Armutçuk T.İ.M. had 1097 employees, out of which 119 were office workers, and 974 laborers.
- Owner: Armutçuk, TCC (Armutçuk Taşkömürü Isletme Müessesesi)
- Parent company: TTK
- Location: Kandilli, Zonguldak, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 41.340120, 31.510875 (exact)
- Mine status: operating
- Production: 86,551 tons
- Total reserves: 19,937,468 tons
- Proven reserves: 2,962,687 tons
- Probable reserves: 16,974,781 tons
- Start year: 1983
- Coal type: hard coal
- Mine size:
- Mine type: underground
Articles and resources
- Philip M. Mobbs, "2010 Minerals Yearbook: Turkey", United States Geological Survey, April 2012, page 56.7
- Report (June 2021) 2020 Faaliyet Raporu . Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu. Report.
- Turkey ‘aims to hold tenders for at least five coal mines in 2018’, Hürriyet Daily News, 10 April 2018
- Association of British Mining Equipment Companies, Turkey Mining Overview, March 2019.