Australian Energy Company
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
This article is part of the collection of articles on coal projects in Victoria, Australia, which has been developed in conjunction with Environment Victoria. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
Australian Energy Company (AEC) is an unlisted company which stated on its website that it "was formed to deploy proven coal gasification technologies to deliver value added commodities". The company was the proponent, via the Australian-American Energy Company LLC, of the Many Stars Coal-to-Liquids project in southeastern Montana.
On its website, AEC stated that it was initially incorporated in November 2004 and that it had 155 shareholders who hold 150 million shares.
On its website the company stated that the "company’s founders are the original founders of Australian Power & Energy Limited (APEL). APEL was formed to compete in a global tender conducted by the Victorian Government in 1999 to utilise Victoria’s vast reserves of brown coal in an environmentally sustainable way." APEL in turn formerly owned Latrobe Fertilisers. During this time the company proposed a coal to urea export project to be located near Loy Yang. The project is currently on hold and AEC states that "Latrobe Fertilisers Limited which now operates as a seperate entity."
AEC also stated that the "Anglo American Group PLC (Anglo) purchased the company and is now collaborating with Shell on a coal to liquids (CTL) project. The APEL project has now been renamed Monash Energy Ltd".
- Allan Blood, Executive Chairman
Original Contact details
22 Dalby Road
Hovea W A 6071
Telephone: (08) 9298 9588
Facsimile: (08) 9298 9522
Email : ablood AT ausenergyco.com.au
Articles and resources
- Australian Energy Company, Australian Energy Company Ltd", Australian Energy Company website, accessed August 2010.
- Australian Energy Company, "Australian Energy Company Limited", Australian Energy Company website, accessed August 2010.
- "Latrobe Valley to welcome coal-to-fertiliser plant", Coal Mining' (Reed Business Information), January 1, 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Australia and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- New South Wales and coal
- Queensland and coal
- Australian Energy Company Limited, "Strategic Policy Framework for Near Zero Emissions from Latrobe Valley Brown Coal", Australian Energy Company Submission, approx September 2007.
- Royce Millar and Tom Arup, "Loy Yang in lawsuit over Blood money", The Age, July 9, 2013.