Bağlık-İnağzı coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Bağlık-İnağzı coal mine is a proposed mine in Zonguldak, Turkey. It is to be constructed and operated by TÜMAŞ, a subsidiary of Bereket Enerji. The mine is projected to produce 2.5 million tonnes per annum. The coalfield is owned by Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu (TTK).
The map below shows the approximate location of the mine Zonguldak, Turkey
Initially a tender to construct and operate a coal mine in Bağlık-İnağzı for a 36 year period was held in 2011. 6 firms participated in the tender held by Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu or TTK. The tender was won by Soma Mining, despite allegations that their offer would cost the public $350 million. However, after Soma Mining's involvement inthe 2014 Soma mine disaster where 301 miners were killed, the tender was cancelled. In 2018, a new tender was announced for the coalfield. Bereket Enerji's subsidiary TÜMAŞ won the tender for the operation of the Bağlık-İnağzı coalfield. They were the only company to make a proposal. Bereket Enerji committed to producing 2.5 million tons per annum, and the coalfield's total reserve is 136 million tons. It is projected that the mines will employ 2500 people. Bereket Enerji also operates the nearby Çatalağzı power station or ÇATES through its subsidiary TÜMAŞ.  
In 2019, director-general of TTK, Kazım Eroğlu, stated that a coal mine on the Bağlık-İnağzı coalfield was not feasible for at least another 5 years, putting the earliest possible date for the mine's operations at 2024.
- Operator: Tumas
- Parent company: Bereket Enerji
- Owner of the coalfield:Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu TTK
- Location: Zonguldak, Turkey
- Coordinates: 41.422037, 31.728691(approximate)
- Status: proposed
- Capacity: 2.5 MTPA
- Coal type: anthracite (hard coal)
- Mine size:
- Mineable reserve:136 million tons
- Start date: 2024 (earliest)
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Lıcalı, Mahmut (October 25, 2014). "Soma AŞ'ye kıyak iddiası: 350 milyonluk vurdumduymazlık". Cumhuriyet.
- "Tartışmalı saha ihaleye çıktı". Pusula Gazetesi. June 11, 2018.
- "Bereket, Zonguldak İnağzı Taşkömürü sahasını devraldı Kaynak: Bereket, Zonguldak İnağzı Taşkömürü sahasını devraldı". Enerji Günlüğü. October 11, 2018. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- "İnağzı-Bağlık maden sahasını Çates aldı". Pusula Gazetesi. June 22, 2018. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- "Müdür Eroğlu açıkladı: 20 bin kişi alınacak!". Vatan. February 7, 2019. Retrieved June 17, 2021.