Beregovoy coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Beregovoy Coal Mine is a surface coal mine in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Chuvashka, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Beregovoy coal mine is a surface coal mine. It is operated by UK Yuzhnaya OAO, a subsidiary of Sibuglemet, which in turn is a subsidiary of Evraz.
The mine — along with other large surface mines in the area — has faced opposition from Shor people, an Indigenous group that lives and traditionally hunts in the area where the mine is now located.
In March 2019, a judge shut the mine down for 90 days, after multiple mining safety violations were found.
- Owner: UK Yuzhnaya OAO - Sibuglemet
- Parent Company: Evraz
- Location: Chuvashka, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.615321, 87.871742 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.14 mtpa
- Total Reserves:
- Recoverable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 2012
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Участок «Береговой», Wikimapia, accessed Apr. 2021.
- Sergey Kozlovsky, "У нас тут Сирия": как выглядит жизнь рядом с угольными разрезами, BBC Russian, 19 Nov. 2018.
- В Мысках приставы приостановили работу угольного разреза, AIF.ru, 5 Mar. 2019.
- "АО «Угольная компания Южная»". Sibuglemet. Retrieved Mar 18, 2022.