Birmingham coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Birmingham coal mine was a proposed underground mine, to be operated by Canyon Coal, producing 3.6 million tonnes per annum, near Hendrina, Mpumalanga province, South Africa.
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed mine, Hendrina, Mpumalanga province, South Africa.
As of 2020, the Birmingham coal mine is currently preparing the mining right, water use license and environmental authorization applications.
As of 2022, the project has been removed from the company website and considered cancelled.
- Parent Company: Canyon Coal
- Location: Hendrina, Mpumalanga province, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -26.107386, 29.63652 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Production Capacity: 3.6 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Workforce Size:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and Resources
- Canyon Coal, "Projects", Company Website, accessed August 2020.