The Burnside Terminal is in Ascension Parish, Louisiana. The bulk facility handles coal, petroleum coke, bauxite, alumina and other dry commodities.
The terminal is located at mile marker 169 on the Lower Mississippi River.
The terminal was originally constructed in 1956, but was closed in 2008. Impala Terminals, the global terminals operator, acquired the Burnside Terminal in 2011 and spent US$300 million to upgrade it. The port began exports again in 2014.
- Owner: Impala Terminals
- Location: Ascension Parish, Louisiana
- Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 9
- Status: Operating
- Start year: 2014
- Type: Exports
- Additional proposed capacity (mtpa): 6
Articles and resources
- "Impala Terminals Burnside Completes Its First Export Shipment," Weekly Citizen, July 9, 2014
- "Major N. American coal ports," Platts, accessed May 2015
- Sylvie Cornot-Gandolphe “US Coal Exports: The Long Road to Asian Markets,” Oxford OIES PAPER: CL 2, March 2015